Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Top Ten 2-D Fighting Game Characters.

This is something that's been brewing for a while after the suggestion from Cody. I thought about including 3-D characters as well, but I figured they could use their own list. Also, 2-D character designs tend to be much cooler when fighting games are concerned. So, here we go. Pictures alone should explain the coolness, but I'll probably include a few words on the way.

10. Ryu(Street Fighter)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

"What?!!?" I'm sure there would be an outcry like that if people actually read my blog. Yeah, Ryu is awesome. Yeah, he was the first guy to popularize the standard karate gi in fighting games. Yeah, he's OG. However, as cool as he is, the rest of the characters are just more appealing to me. Still, I have all kinds of respect for Ryu. He's been one of my favorites since I was first introduced to Street Fighter over ten years ago.

9. Ukyo Tachibana(Samurai Shodown)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

He's a samurai, he stands with his back to his enemies, has blue hair, and he freaking fights while having TB. His character gives off that noble sort of feel, which just furthers his coolness. Ah, I have some great memories from when I was little, playing Samurai Shodown II on a cabinet while my mom would shop, which served as my introduction to the SNK realm.

8. Baiken(Guilty Gear)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

She's a war-torn, yet somehow still hot female samurai. Plus, she has a chain of sorts attached to her....err..stump, or whatever is left of her arm. Also, pink hair rocks, atleast in her case. She just has great style, along with most of the GG cast.

7. Millia Rage

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

She's an assassin that kills people using her hair. Awesome. She's also extremely fun to play, and she's been my main in GGXX and #R since I started playing a few years back. Everything about her is cool. Design, moves, stage, and stage theme song...all awesome.

6. Chun-Li

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The OG female fighter, and still one of my favorites. Her character design and moves are legendary, and for good reason. She was rocking spiked bracelets way before any teenagers thought they were cool. Only padawans who are willing to dedicate years to learn the Spinning Bird Kick should be allowed to wear them. Also, you all know you throw the peace sign right back at her after each round.

5. Akuma(Street Fighter)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I don't think I really need to explain his position. He's a shoto fighter like Ryu and Ken, but he's so much cooler. No sissy non-killing ideals here, just repeated demon kicks to the face! He might not be part of the triforce of Third Strike, but I play him anyway. Not like it matters, as I suck pretty badly at the game, haha.

4. Setsuna(Last Blade)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Just a picture doesn't do him justice. While I've never played Last Blade II, I used to rock Setsuna all the time back when I played Mugen. He's just the man. He's probably the most pissed off looking character I've ever seen in a fighting game. Also, take note that his katana is black. Black. Own! Awesomeness just oozes off him.

3. I-no(Guilty Gear)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

To think that I actually didn't like I-no when I first played GG. I must've been on some sort of anti-cool kick or something at the time, because I-no is the own of female fighters. She fights with a guitar and wears a possessed, witchly hat that spews out harmful musical notes. Yes! Strangely enough, I haven't played her all that much more than a number of others from the GG cast, though I was using her more and more often before I stopped playing much.

2. Iori Yagami(King Of Fighters)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

His character design is the stuff, and his fighting style is one of the craziest I've ever seen. He fights using an open fist, clawing his enemies. The amount of blood, and the old-but-cool sound effect that accompanies each hit is so satisfying. Also, he's rather unstable, laughing manically after certain moves. While he and my number one pick might not come from my favorite series, they're definitely my favorite character designs.

1. K'(King Of Fighters)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thumbs down victory pose FTW! His character design is tops, and he's my favorite SNK character to play as. His fighting style is definied as "violence," and he delivers flying knees to the face. What more needs to be said? He's the man.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Scorpion is weaksauce. Long live the MK hate.

I'm still waiting for SNK to release a game where Ukyo has a super where he just hacks and spits on whoever he is fighting, then a year later they die. That would be the shit.