Monday, January 22, 2007

"Innocence Has A Power Evil Cannot Imagine."

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Go see it. Now. Pan's Labyrinth was one of the most emotional, amazing movies I've seen in a long time, and I can't recommend it enough. Rarely am I that enraptured with a movie, cringing and holding my breath throughout. I don't know what else to say because I don't want to ruin it for everyone, so I'll stop at that. If you have the chance to see it and don't, you're really missing out.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I'm on a roll. I saw Pan's Labyrinth on Saturday, and I just watched The Illusionist tonight. Both were awesome. Edward Norton's performance as Eisenheim was great, bringing incredible intensity to the screen. I honestly can't even remember at what point it was in theaters, and I'm really glad I got the chance to see it now.

It's surely fitting, so I'll end things with a bit of lyrical content.

"As an outcast I paced defeat
Seeking comfort in this painful retreat
Made an oracle against my will
Word spread of miraculous skills

Premonitions call my name
I once doubted them all when they came
Now I embrace it and I'll never be the same

Transfixed in the desert sands
Take a look at my once empty hand
See the rose that appears so real
Just like the one you saw in your dreams

Those who call me avatar
Know not what they're looking for
They just feed their flames with miracles
Just so you know
If you bathe within my light
You diminish your own might
The illusionist in everyone"

"The Illusionist" ~ Scar Symmetry

No comments: